Friday, November 24, 2006

"The Common Denominator."

Rodleen Getsic
One of my greatest jokes to myself lately is that "none of my relationships [romantic] have ever worked out."

I just spoke with John Perry Barlow. He says that I attract painful ones.

This year Barlow has asked my hand in marriage. He said he has only asked two women in his life to marry him. His ex-wife (of the three Barlowettes) and myself. What a complete honor. Barlow, I love you.

Last night my Brother Rudy said:
"Rodleen, youre looking for something you like
instead of something youd like to love."


Rudy also said:
"I am a waxing intellectual."

And, he was talking about me in 3rd person. He said:

"She's not the catalyst. She's the rest of us.
The Common Denominator."

Rudy was on a rampage last night with the words. He said a lot of things. I wrote down everything.

Tonight Dan Johnson (Olympia, Washington) reminded me in a conversation about our relationship some odd decade of years ago... That we came together because we are healers.

Really, my relationships with people do work out. The relationships last forever in an evolving manner. I cherish my friends.

I just wonder.

That is all.

It is the end of Thanksgiving Dinner for this year now.

The man I am in love with currently has nothing to say to me.

I go forth in my spiritual journey.

Love.

OK. Pause. The man that I love just called. This could work...?

is god




brothel is one letter away from brother
resident is one letter away from president



[buzzzzzz]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just read,"The Common Denominater." I then went on to read the other articles you have written. I enjoyed them all. You have a wonderful perception of life around you and inside you. This is a spiritual journey, I have to agree with you. We must surrender our will and our lives to the care of a power greater than ourselves. We surrender quietly and let a God of our own understanding guide us through the trials and tribulations of life. We no longer have to face fear,anger,guilt,self-pity or depression alone. The articles you wrote gave me inspiration so, I thought maybe I could give you some back. Im not a religous, but spiritual person. I am an artist. One day I hope to be a better writer and write a book. I am also a grateful recovering addict. I have been inspired. Thank You, Jason Carbajal
jaycarb98@sbcglobal.net